I tried to upload your version of the logo, but the logo is "protected". Are you a sysop on this Wikipedia? If you are, you'll have to unprotect the logo so I can upload it.
- Hi. No I'm not a sysop here - I'm not sure that anyone is, at least nobody that is currently active. Should I try and become a sysop? Sukh 17:24, 7 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Hello, you are now an administrator. There are instructions on how to use your administrator powers in the administrators' how-to guide on the English Wikipedia. If you have any problems, let me know on my talk page, or leave a note on meta:Requests for permissions. Good luck. Angela 01:25, 14 Feb 2005 (UTC)
Thanks for your message[ਸੋਧੋ]
Hi Sukh, Thanks for your message. I will try and stop adding Gurbani Script until it has been checked out. However, as we have a huge volume to Punjabi text waiting to be converted to unicode format, I thought this would kill two birds at the same time. My Punjabi is also not that good although my partner's is better. But that no excuse not to get the Punjabi/Gurmukhi Wikipedia started. I have noticed that when you seach for an article, the system does not offer to start a new article page- but goes to a new Wikipedia:Searching page - I think something may be missing here. For Japji Sahib I used the Unicode conversion tool - I have not checked the end product yet. If it need to be redone, that not going to be a problem. I have also saved the files in unicode on my local machine. It nice to see your effort in getting this project going. If you need any help, please don't hesitate. --Hari Singh ੦੦:੧੫, ੧੮ ਮਈ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
Starting a new article[ਸੋਧੋ]
If you go to SikhiWiki or Wikipedia and enter a new title in the Search (ਖੋਜ) box, and press go, you get the option to start a new page. This does not appear to be happening in this version of Wikipedia. It not a big problem but at some point, it will have to be addressed. I agree that there are more urgent transation jobs to be done and I hope I can get a few of my "deep" Punjabi friends to do this. Thanks again for your reply. And keep up the good work! --Hari Singh ੧੪:੦੫, ੪ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
- I see what you mean now. I'm not really sure why that has happened. Anyone else have any ideas? Sukh ੧੮:੧੮, ੫ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
I think it was wrong to delete the Punjabi lesson pages as this would be the right place to learn Punjabi as the correct Unicode formats will be support or should be supported here - To learn English you go to a English class and to learn Punjabi you would go to a Punjabi class - As this is the focus for the extension of the Punjabi language, it must be the correct place to explore the language. More people visiting this site would find the Punjabi lessons relevant to them or their family and could tell other people wanting to learn Punjabi to go to this site. This would be a hub for people wanting to deal with this language.
By deleting these pages you are holding back the development of this site which considering that it is a language, which almost 20 million in the world may be, interested in has less than 10 pages in the whole of the database. And you have deleted about 3 pages of that database ie 30% of information that was relevant to this site. I can see no justification for this action unless you are bent on stopping the development of this site
If you look at [Hindi Wikipedia] I think you will see the Hindi version of Wikipedia showing what looks like the Hindi alphabet & its pronunciation - Surely if it right in Hindi to have Hindi tuition, it should be right in Punjabi?
I would urge you to reconsider. --Hari Singh ੧੪:੫੩, ੪ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
- Hi Mr Singh,
- I'm very sorry but Sukhjinder is right. The sole stated purpose of Wikipedia is a free encyclopaedia in all languages, not a language classroom. By extension, pa.wikipedia's sole purpose is a free encyclopaedia in Punjabi.
- Content such as what you posted does not belong here, but at the English version of Wikibooks. http://en.wikibooks.org/
- Node ue ੨੨:੦੬, ੪ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
- There is no problem having relavent articles on Gurmukhi, Punjabi etcetera. But as Node ue has stated, the proposed articles are lessons which would be better placed as a book. The same applies for quotes which should be on WikiQuotes, news should be on WikiNews, dictionary entries on Wiktionary and so on. And there is no problem putting a link on the main (Punjabi) page to this Wiki Book.
- If we start with well organised approach to begin with, it'll be much easier in the long run. Please don't take my deletion of the page as saying it's irrelevant. It was simply in the wrong place for what it is - it is extremely useful and extremely relevant.
- Sukh ੧੮:੨੩, ੫ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
DIFFICULTIES IN UNICODE AND MISTAKES OF SIHARI AND BIHARI MATRA[ਸੋਧੋ]
In all pages visible in gurmukhi the vowel of Sihari (chhotee ee) is not correctly put in. please look into the software . what is the problem in conversion.
How to use unicode fonts it si difficult to grasp please explain. Wheter installing unicde font ,will it not interfere with our normally working panjabi fonts in my machine.
I wish to contribute but because of such limitations am not able to contribute.
--Guglani ੧੪:੨੯, ੨੧ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
- The problems with vowel positioning is not a problem with the web site. It is caused by your computer not being set up correctly for Gurmukhi. Please read this guide:  to see if you can get it working. I recommend you install the phonetic keyboard layout.
- And no, it won't affect your existing fonts. Sukh 20:02, ੨੧ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
Thaks! SUKH JI--Guglani 10:43, ੨੨ ਨਵੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੫ (UTC)
Could you please write a stub http://pa.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w - just a few sentences based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kur%C3%B3w ? Only 2 -5 sentences enough. Please. Pietras1988 ੨੦:੨੧, ੩ ਮਈ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
speedy delete template[ਸੋਧੋ]
Hi Sukh, is there a speedy delete template on the punjabi Wikipedia. DaGizza ੦੫:੪੦, ੧੪ ਮਈ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
- No, I don't think so. I think the only commonly used template is the stub one. Sorry :) Sukh ੧੯:੦੮, ੧੫ ਮਈ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
Sukh, this is Ayyoub. I am terribly sorry to have to write on your userpage, but i am working from a computer whose I.P. is blocked from English Wikipedia. I was wondering why my contributions are only shown from the English wikipedia, but none from the Panjabi wikipedia? Once again, I apologise for having to write here. 22.214.171.124 ੧੫:੫੬, ੫ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
- I'm not sure what you mean? Only if you're logged in will your contributions count on the Punjabi Wikipedia. Otherwise they're done by IP address only. Sukh ੧੬:੫੬, ੫ ਜੂਨ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
Danny sent me to help cleanup this wiki out of english only pages and vandalism. So I am now an admin in here as well.. I really need your help as well. Thanks Jaranda ੦੩:੦੧, ੮ ਸਤੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
- Hi, welcome! Who's Danny?
- Feel free do to any such cleaning and if you need help on specific issues I should be able to help. I'm not really here much so it might take me a while to reply, but I'll get there eventually! Sukh ੧੯:੩੮, ੯ ਸਤੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
ਸ੍ਰੀ ਮਾਨ/ਮਤੀ ਜੀ,
ਮੁਖ ਸ਼੍ਰੇਣੀਆਂ ਵਿਚ ਸ਼ਬਦ ਜੋੜ ਠੀਕ ਕਰ ਲੈਣੇ ਚਾਹੀਦੇ ਹਨ ਭੁਗੋਲ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ-ਭੂਗੋਲ, ਵਿੱਗਿਆਨ ਹੋਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ-ਵਿਗਿਆਨ--Guglani ੦੮:੪੩, ੨੭ ਦਸੰਬਰ ੨੦੦੬ (UTC)
- I've changed those for you now. If you have any other issues or problems, please leave me a message at en:User_talk:Sukh. I rarely edit Wikipedia now and your best bet for getting in touch with me is on the English one. Thanks. Sukh ੨੩:੦੭, ੧ ਜਨਵਰੀ ੨੦੦੭ (UTC)
There is a Minor technical issue[ਸੋਧੋ]
ਮੈਂ ਹਾਂ--kuldip1 ਕਿ ਤੁਸੀ ਮੈਨੂ ਦਸ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ ਕਿ ਸ੍ਰੋਤ ਦੇ ਵਿਚ ਮੈ ਆਵਦੇ ਆਰਟੀਕਲ ਕਿਵੇ edit ਕਰ ਸਕਦਾ ਹਾਂ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਮੈਨੂ ਇਸ ਬਾਰੇ ਸੂਚਨਾ ਜਲਦੀ ਤੋ ਜਲਦੀ ਦੇ ਦੇਓ
Hello, I recently noticed you removed the Devanagari Alphabet (Template:Index2) from the Main Page. However, Hindus, and those living in neighbouring Indian states such as Haryana and Himachal Pradesh sometimes use the Devanagari script (see English Wikipedia). It would be unfair on those people who do not understand Gurmukhi and Shahmukhi if Devanagari was not there. Please reconsider. Thanks.--RaviC ੧੬:੩੦, ੨੧ ਅਗਸਤ ੨੦੦੮ (UTC)
- Well they made a separate wikipedia for Shahmukhi its the pnb.Wikipedia.org. So, I guess we don;t have to keep SHahmukhi listed on this wiki either since it would be redundant having two versions of Shamukhi on both wikipedia (though that is if someone attempts to write the articles in shahmucki anyway) Also I moved the shahmukhi pages that were here and not in other wiki, and then deleted the shahmukhi pages from here. I know you never really get on here, but leaving this message in case you ever do come back. Gman੧੨੪ (ਗੱਲਬਾਤ) ੦੧:੧੭, ੬ ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ ੨੦੧੦ (UTC)
Typing in Gurmukhi[ਸੋਧੋ]
I don't speak Punjabi, but I am developing software for better language support in Wikipedia and Gurmukhi is one of the alphabets on which I am focused now. I developed a new tool for typing Gurmukhi, which is supposed to be better then what is currently enabled in the Punjabi Wikipedia.
Can you please test it on this page http://translatewiki.net/wiki/User:Amire80/narayam-pa?uselang=pa ?
You can find the full instructions for typing Gurmukhi there.
Sukh Veer ki hal aa[ਸੋਧੋ]
ਕੇਹਾ ਹਾਲ ਆ ਸੁੱਖ ? ਤੁਸੀਂ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਅਤੇ ਵਧੀਆ ਕੰਮ ਕਰ ਰਹੇ ਹੋ ਓ । ਮੇਰਾ ਨਾਂ ਅੱਬਾਸ ਧੋਥੜ ਏ ਤੇ ਮੇਰਾ ਤਾਅਲੁੱਕ ਸਾਹੀਵਾਲ , ਪੰਜਾਬ , ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਤੋਂ ਏ । ਮੈਂ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਲਿਖ ਪੜ੍ਹ ਲੈਂਦਾ ਆਂ ਇਹ ਮੈਂ ਆਪਣੇ ਸ਼ੌਕ ਨਾਲ਼ ਸਿੱਖੀ ਏ । ਇਹ ਗਲ ਦੱਸਣੀ ਸੀ ਕਿ ਇਹੋ ਜਿਹੇ ਸਾਫ਼ਟਵੇਅਰ ਮੌਜੂਦ ਨੇਂ ਜਿਨ੍ਹਾਂ ਰਾਹੀਂ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਤੇ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਚ ਬਦਲਿਆ ਜਾ ਸਕਦਾ ਏ । ਮੈਂ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਦੀਆਂ ਕਈ ਲਿਖਤਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਚ ਬਦਲ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਅਤੇ ਲਾਇਆ ਏ ਤੇ ਇਕ ਅੱਧੇ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਦੇ ਆਰਟੀਕਲ ਨੂੰ ਵੀ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਚ ਬਦਲ ਕੇ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਅਤੇ ਲਾਇਆ ਏ ।
ਤੁਸੀਂ ਵੀ ਉਸ ਸਾਫ਼ਟਵੇਅਰ ਨੂੰ ਵਰਤ ਕੇ ਸ਼ਾਹਮੁਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਦੇ ਆਰਟੀਕਲਾਂ ਨੂੰ ਗੁਰਮੁੱਖੀ ਵਿੱਕੀ ਅਤੇ ਲਾ ਸਕਦੇ ਓ । ]http://s2g.learnpunjabi.org/s2gv3.aspx] ਇਹ ਸਾਫ਼ਟਵੇਅਰ ਏਸ ਪੱਤੇ ਅਤੇ ਆਂ ਲਾਈਨ ਵੀ ਮੌਜੂਦ ਏ ।