27 ਜਨਵਰੀ 1944
|ਹੋਰ ਨਾਮ||Mairead Corrigan Maguire|
|ਅਲਮਾ ਮਾਤਰ||Irish School of Ecumenics, Trinity College Dublin|
|ਸੰਗਠਨ||The Peace People,|
The Nobel Women's Initiative
|ਲਈ ਪ੍ਰਸਿੱਧ||International social activist|
|ਜੀਵਨ ਸਾਥੀ(s)||Jackie Maguire|
|ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇਦਾਰ||Anne Maguire (sister)|
|ਪੁਰਸਕਾਰ||Nobel Peace Prize (1976)|
Norwegian People's Peace Prize (1976)
Carl von Ossietzky Medal (1976)
Pacem in Terris (1990)
ਮੇਰੀਡ ਮੈਗੂਆਇਰ (ਜਨਮ 27 ਜਨਵਰੀ 1944), ਨੋਰਥਨ ਆਇਰਲੈਂਡ ਦੀ ਇੱਕ ਸਮਾਜਿਕ ਕਾਰਜ ਕਰਤਾ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਮਾਜ ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ ਲਈ ਕੰਮ ਕਰਦੀ ਹੈ। ਉਸਨੂੰ ਨੋਰਥਨ ਆਇਰਲੈਂਡ ਵਿੱਚ ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ ਲਈ ਕਾਰਜ ਕੀਤਾ। ਮੇਰੀਡ ਨੂੰ ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ ਲਈ ਨੋਬਲ ਪੁਰਸਕਾਰ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਗਿਆ।
- List of female Nobel laureates
- List of peace activists
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation
- Fairmichael, p. 28: "Mairead Corrigan, now Mairead Maguire, married her former brother-in-law, Jackie Maguire, and they have two children of their own as well as three by Jackie's previous marriage to Ann Maguire."
- Abrams (2001) p. 27 "For many years Mairead Corrigan (now Maguire), thirty-three when she received the 1976 prize in 1977, was the youngest in the year of the award, but she has now been matched by Rigoberta Menchú Tum, also thirty-three when she won the prize in 1992."
- "Mairead Maguire: Nobel winner, veteran peace campaigner". AFP. 4 June 2010. Archived from the original on 26 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2018. Retrieved 5 February 2011.
Maguire was born into a Catholic community in Belfast on January 27, 1944, the daughter of a window cleaner father and housewife mother, growing up with five sisters and two brothers.Check date values in:
- "Mairead Corrigan Maguire". The Peace People. Archived from the original on 6 ਫ਼ਰਵਰੀ 2012. Retrieved 4 February 2011.
In September, 1981, Mairead married Jackie Maguire, widower of her sister Anne, who never recovered from the loss of her children and died in January, 1980. In addition to the remaining three children from the earlier marriage – Mark, Joanne and Marie Louise – Mairead and Jackie are the parents of John and Luke.Check date values in:
- "NORTHERN IRELAND: A People's Peace Prize". TIME. 13 December 1976. Archived from the original on 26 ਦਸੰਬਰ 2018. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
To a standing ovation, Betty Williams, 33, and Mairead Corrigan, 32, co-founders of the Ulster Peace Movement (TIME, Sept. 6) arrived to accept the Norwegian People's Peace Prize.Check date values in:
- "Die Carl-von-Ossietzky-Medaille" [The Carl von Ossietzky Medal] (German). Internationale Liga für Menschenrechte (International League for Human Rights). Retrieved 20 February 2011. Unknown parameter
- "Peace People – History". The Peace People. Retrieved 20 February 2011.
This was the beginning of the Movement and the three co-founders worked to harness the energy and desire of many people in Northern Ireland for peace... Ciaran named the movement, Peace People, wrote the Declaration, and set out its rally programme, etc.
- "The Nobel Peace Prize 1976". Nobel Foundation. 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
The Nobel Peace Prize 1976 was awarded jointly to Betty Williams and Mairead Corrigan. Betty Williams and Mairead Corrigan received their Nobel Prize one year later, in 1977.
- Peace People Archived 6 February 2012[Date mismatch] at the Wayback Machine.
- Mairead Corrigan Maguire Archived 22 June 2012[Date mismatch] at the Wayback Machine. Peace People
- International Fellowship of Reconciliation Archived 17 December 2014[Date mismatch] at the Wayback Machine.
- Nobel Peace Prize Laureate Mairead Corrigan Archived 10 December 2004[Date mismatch] at the Wayback Machine. Peace Heroes
- Mairead Corrigan – Curriculum Vitae Nobel Prize
- Irish Nobel Prize winners The Best Question
- Nobel Women's Initiative
- Appearances on C-SPAN