|ਇਸ ਹਿੱਸੇ/ਲੇਖ ਨੂੰ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਨ ਦੀ ਜਰੂਰਤ ਹੈ ਹੈ। ਤੁਸੀਂ ਇਸਦਾ ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਵਿੱਚ ਅਨੁਵਾਦ ਕਰਕੇ ਵਿਕੀਪੀਡੀਆ ਦੀ ਮਦਦ ਕਰ ਸਕਦੇ ਹੋ।|
|This page documents an English Wikipedia project content guideline. It is a generally accepted standard that editors should attempt to follow, though it is best treated with common sense, and occasional exceptions may apply. Any substantive edit to this page should reflect consensus. When in doubt, discuss first on the talk page.|
|This guideline ਦਾ ਸਾਰ ਅੰਸ਼: |
Project pages are for information or discussion about Wikipedia. They should be used to allow Wikipedians to better participate in the community, and not used to excess for unrelated purposes nor to bring the project into disrepute.
|ਵਿਸ਼ਾ ਨੇਮਸਪੇਸਾਂ||ਗੱਲਬਾਤ ਸਫ਼ੇ|
|2302||ਗੈਜਟ ਪਰਿਭਾਸ਼ਾ||ਗੈਜਟ ਪਰਿਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਗੱਲ-ਬਾਤ||2303|
|Other guideline categories|
Pages in this namespace will always have the prefix Wikipedia:. They can also be reached by alias WP: or the standard (for any MediaWiki site) prefix Project:.
The Wikipedia namespace began after the January 2002 release of the Phase II software. Prior to that, an index of related pages was maintained at Wikipedia utilities, which remained for some time afterwards at Wikipedia:Utilities. This list of pages in the project namespace has been replaced by the pages described below.
- 1 Terminology
- 2 Pages within project namespace
- 3 Before creating a new page
- 4 Deletion of project namespace pages
- 5 See also
- Project pages - Project pages are pages in the project and project talk namespaces. WikiProject pages, which are included in the project namespace, are usually referred to as WikiProject pages to distinguish them from project pages as a whole.
- Meta - Some people refer to pages in the project namespace as meta pages. However, this can be confusing, because Meta is actually the name of the site dedicated to all Wikimedia projects: meta.wikimedia.org.
Pages within project namespace[ਸੋਧੋ]
A main gateway for the project namespace is Wikipedia:Community portal. The Community Portal includes categorized links to the more commonly used pages related to the project. A link to the Community Portal page is available in the sidebar.
Project namespace includes a variety of pages with information or discussion about Wikipedia. Project namespace includes Wikipedia policies and guidelines, which describe best practice, clarify principles, resolve conflicts, and otherwise further our goal of creating a free, reliable encyclopedia. Project namespace also includes process pages, information and discussion pages, and historical pages. For more complete lists of pages in the project namespace, see:
- Category:Wikipedia administration - a list organized by subject
- Wikipedia:Quick directory – a handy directory of key pages throughout Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Department directory
- Wikipedia:Requests – for services and assistance
- Wikipedia:Maintenance – tasks which are a vital part of keeping Wikipedia running optimally
- Wikipedia:Tools – tools and tutorials intended to simplify, make more efficient, or provide additional functionality to Wikipedians
- Wikipedia:List of shortcuts - a collection of shortcuts to many project pages
- Wikipedia:Editor's index to Wikipedia – an index for anyone involved with Wikipedia in other than the role of a reader
- Wikipedia:Quick project index – look up a Wikipedia project page by its first two letters
Policies and guidelines[ਸੋਧੋ]
- Category:Wikipedia policies contains important rules that are widely accepted, and procedures for important processes such as deletion; there are very few of those
- Category:Wikipedia guidelines contains consensual rules-of-thumb that are not strict, but are considered by most Wikipedians to be useful most of the time
- Category:Wikipedia proposals is used for proposing new policies, guidelines and procedures
- Category:Wikipedia failed proposals lists proposals that failed to gain consensus from the community
A process is a central and organized way of doing things, generally following certain policies or guidelines (e.g. the "deletion process" proceeds in accordance with the "deletion policy"). See WP:PPP for details.
Information and discussions[ਸੋਧੋ]
Many pages in Wikipedia namespace have nothing to do with rules, and thus do not belong in the above categories.
Discussion and noticeboard pages[ਸੋਧੋ]
Some pages are designed for discussions, such as Wikipedia:Village pump sections. Others serve as noticeboards to draw attention to discussions taking place elsewhere, such as the centralized discussions page and various requests for comments pages.
Project space is not a free web host and should not be used as a long-term archive to host pages that look like articles. Pages in project space that look like articles may be subject to deletion. Short-term hosting of potentially valid articles as reasonable content under development is usually acceptable where the page is being used to collaborate on encyclopedic work and as a place to write a draft encyclopedia article directly. When a project space page reaches a point where it can be included as an article consider moving it into mainspace or using its content appropriately in other relevant articles.
A historical page or process is one which is no longer in use, or any non-recent log of any process at all, and is kept as a record of past Wikipedia events that have a noteworthy value in being maintained as happened. A historical page can be revived to an active page by using it.
- Category:Wikipedia history
- Wikipedia:Historical archive
- Wikipedia:History of Wikipedian processes and people
Before creating a new page[ਸੋਧੋ]
The project namespace contains many pages and a lot of information, and most Wikipedians probably have not read all of it. To make information easier to find, try to avoid creating new pages in the project namespace unnecessarily. If you want to add material, you might discover that the same thing already exists somewhere else. Before creating a new page, you should consider looking through the topical index to see if the material belongs at a page that already exists.
Deletion of project namespace pages[ਸੋਧੋ]
- The usual deletion process is to post a request at miscellany for deletion to have a page deleted or to have a project terminated and its pages deleted.
- For issues only affecting specific revisions on a page (where other page versions are fine) RevisionDelete is usually more appropriate.
With project namespace including pages with information or discussion about Wikipedia, the topics of these pages span various or somewhat unrelated matters. Miscellany for deletion (MfD) handles these miscellany deletion matters. Some of the more common project namespace deletion requests at MfD include Administrators' noticeboard pages, Article Incubator pages, Article Rescue Squadron pages, Articles for creation pages, Articles for deletion pages, Community Portal pages, Essays, List pages, Miscellany for deletion pages, Requested articles pages, Requests for adminship pages, Requests for comment pages, and Sandbox pages. For a complete listing of project namespace deletion requests at MfD, see all MfD pages with Wikipedia prefix.