|ਜਨਮ||20 ਮਈ 1882
|ਮੌਤ||10 ਜੂਨ 1949
|ਇਨਾਮ||Nobel Prize in Literature
ਸਿਗਰੀਡ ਅੰਡਸਟ ਦਾ ਜਨਮ 20 ਮਈ 1882 ਨੂੰ ਹੋਇਆ ਸੀ। ਇੰਨਾ ਨੂੰ 1928 ਵਿੱਚ ਨਾਰਵੇਜੀਆਈ ਭਾਸ਼ਾ ਸਾਹਿਤ ਵਿੱਚ ਨੋਬਲ ਪੁਰਸਕਾਰ ਮਿਲਿਆ।
ਵਿਆਹ ਅਤੇ ਅਤੇ ਬੱਚੇ[ਸੋਧੋ]
ਬਾਅਦ ਦੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ[ਸੋਧੋ]
ਨੋਰਵੇ ਤੋਂ ਵਾਪਸੀ ਅਤੇ ਮੋਤ[ਸੋਧੋ]
- Gunnar's Daughter is a brief novel set in the Saga Age. This was Undset's first historical novel, published in 1909.
- The Master of Hestviken series is of four volumes, published 1925-27, which are listed in order below. Depending on the edition, each volume may be printed by itself, or two volumes may be combined into one book. The latter tends to result from older printings.
- Kristin Lavransdatter is a trilogy of three volumes. These are listed in order as well. Written during 1920–22. In 1995 the first volume was the basis for a commercial film, Kristin Lavransdatter, directed by Liv Ullman.
- Jenny was written in 1911. It is a story of a Norwegian painter who travels to Rome for inspiration. How things turn out, she had not anticipated.
- Jenny, ISBN 1-58642-050-X
- The Unknown Sigrid Undset, a collection of Undset's early existentialist works, including Tiina Nunnally's new translation of Jenny was assembled by Tim Page for Steerforth Press and published in 2001.
- Men, Women and Places, a collection of critical essays, including 'Blasphemy', 'D. H. Lawrence', 'The Strongest Power', and 'Glastonbury'. Tr. Arthur G Chater, Cassel & Co., London. 1939.
- Happy Times in Norway, a memoir of her children's life in that country before the Nazi occupation, features a particularly moving and powerful preface about the simplicity and hardiness of Norway and its people, with a vow that it will return thus after the evil of Nazism is "swept clean." New York; Alfred A. Knopf. 1942. ISBN 978-0-313-21267-3
- Saga of Saints, ISBN 0-8369-0959-3; ISBN 978-0-8369-0959-3. The coming of Christianity.--St. Sunniva and the Seljemen.--St. Olav, Norway's king to all eternity.--St. Hallvard.--St. Magnus, earl of the Orkney islands.--St. Eystein, archbishop of Nidaros.--St. Thorfinn, bishop of Hamar.--Father Karl Schilling, Barnabite. Chapter of this book also published as "A Priest From Norway, The Venerable Karl M. Schilling, CRSP" by the Barnabite Fathers through the North American Voice of Fatima, Youngstown NY, July 1976.
- Ida Elisabeth, novel
- Catherine of Siena, Novel. Sigrid Undset's Catherine of Siena is acclaimed as one of the best biographies of this well known, and amazing fourteenth-century saint. Undset based this factual work on primary sources, her own experiences living in Italy, and her profound understanding of the human heart. Catherine of Siena was a favorite of Undset, who was also a Third Order Dominican. This novel was republished by Ignatius Press in 2009.
- Inside the gate: Sigrid Undset's Life at Bjerkebæk by Nan Bentzen Skille, translated by Tiina Nunnally. ISBN 978-82-03-19447-4
- Amdam, Per (1975). "En ny realisme. Historie og samtid". In Beyer, Edvard. Norges Litteraturhistorie (in Norwegian). 4. Oslo: Cappelen. pp. 412–439. Oslo: Cappelen. pp. 412–439.
- Krane, Borgnild (1970). Sigrid Undset. Liv og meninger (in Norwegian). Liv og meninger (in Norwegian).
- Bayerschmidt, Carl F. 1970. Sigrid Undset. (Twayne's world authors series 107.) New York: Twayne Publishers.
- Inside the gate.Sigrid Undset's life at Bjerkebæk
- Sigrid Undset Bibliography 1907–2007
- Petri Liukkonen. "Sigrid Undset". Books and Writers (kirjasto.sci.fi). Archived from the original on 4 July 2013.
- "Jenny" – English translation at manybooks.net
- Family genealogy
- Short online biography by Gidske Anderson
- Works by Sigrid Undset at Project GutenbergProject Gutenberg
- Works by or about ਸਿਗਰੀਡ ਅੰਡਸਟ at Internet Archive